Bluebell in Bedford

Forums Jon’s Forum Bluebell in Bedford

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dave VanMusicMaster 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dave VanMusicMaster
    Participant

sad to see yet another great pub spoilt by a “refurbishment”

I’ve been going to this pub, on & off, since the early 80s, when it was still called “The Claypot”.

The latest change has taken away loads of tables with seating at a sensible height, and replaced them with dreadful low tables, and equally dreadful low height leather sofa type things covered in hundreds of useless cushions.

It’s destroyed the great atmosphere in the pub – which is such a shame, as it’ll probably alienate a large number of existing customers and won’t attract new ones 🙁

A shame also, as the beer there is very good ….

No doubt it’ll be selling lots of beer in the future, after it shuts and becomes yet another Tesco Express or something equally horrendous.

A missed opportunity … 🙁

Dave VanMusicMaster
    Participant

Please kill off the vouchers and make them cash prizes too.
    the pub won’t lose any money, as people will still spend the money there, and gives teams the chance to share out the money – vouchers are just a pain to use and can’t be shared easily
    I’m sure most people in the quiz will agree.

Noting that every other quiz I go to has cash prizes – e.g. the White Horse one, which costs £1 to enter, and depending on numbers, awards prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd, sometimes down to 4th place

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.